Talking Dirt Facts With Onnit’s Kyle Kingsbury
Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope your week is going better than you expected it!
You may recall my recent vlog about the many ways BIG FOOD works against supporting our good health, from the factory farms that drown our crops in pesticides and produce low quality foods all the way to how these poisons affect our bodies at the tiniest cellular level.
That vlog was a short one due to shuffling off to other commitments and clients, but that wasn’t the case with the most recent conversation I had with Kyle Kingsbury, health and performance director at Onnit, just after I attended my first Paleo f(x) conference in Austin.
Kyle and I covered A LOT of topics over our 70-minute conversation, Here is just a smattering:
- By 1960 — nearly 60 years ago — an estimated 61 percent of the farmable land had already been destroyed by commercial farming practices. How do we get that back?
- Did you know Americans eat three to five times more meat than they really need?
- Entomologists estimate the number of bugs in our world has fallen by a frightening 75 percent over the past half-century.
- Despite the known health value of organic foods, only 4-6 percent of the foods we eat are grown that way.
- Where your water comes from is just as important as your main sources of food.
- How toxic is the fat that’s on your body? (It may be very toxic due to all the low-quality, commerically-raised foods you’re eating.)
- Are you really paying attention to what your body tells you about the foods you’re eating?
We’ve been pushing our world and our bodies to the limit over the past 50 years, and it’s not unlike flooring the accelerator on a race car. How long can we hold our collective feet on the gas before we kill the engine that keeps our world alive?
My talk with Kyle continues the conversation I’ve had with you for a very long time about not only getting healthy, but how you stay that way.
However, if cleaning up your diet is your biggest health challenge, consider my You Are What You Eat program and manual that takes a deeper dive into the toxic foods that surround us every minute of every day and the industries that make them.
The building blocks that make up our body come from the foods we eat. Do you want a body made of SAD (Standard American Diet!) CRAP that breaks down constantly? My You Are What You Eat program will help you find your way back to lasting good health!
Stay healthy and happy!
Love and chi,