What is Balance? (Pt. 2)
Happy Tuesday To You!
And I hope the day is as beautiful for you as it is for me right now as I sit looking out my window, watching clouds evaporate into sky under the influence of Father Sun.
I had an intensely busy day yesterday, and only had 30 minutes to get a workout in. I ran out the door to dance with some big stones and get a good sweat. I had fun and did sweat!
WHAT IS BALANCE (Pt. 2)
Now that we have some mutual understanding of what I mean when I use the word balance, the next step is to look at ways to begin creating more of it in our lives.
Assessment of your current situation is the first step. As I often tell my students, “If you are not assessing, you are guessing!” After coaching people to health and vitality for almost 30 years, I can assure you that the guessing route to balance is seldom successful!
I offer a wide variety of resources that share different approaches to body-mind assessment:
5. PPS SM Lesson 2 – Managing Yourself
What You Can Do Now:
I have concluded after a lifetime in body-mind development, that no living philosophy can be distilled further than the four categories of values I attribute to The Last 4 Doctors You’ll Ever Need:
1. Dr. Quiet: Governor of your choices regarding how, when, and how much rest you give yourself. Dr. Quiet also governs the domain of introspection.
2. Dr. Movement: Governor of all that moves in your body and mind. Relates specifically to how you move and use your body to create in your life, and create balance in your body-mind.
3. Dr. Happiness: Governor of your mind-state; the Executive of your life; the one that chooses. Dr. Happiness is in charge of creating, and living your own core values, which include each category of the 4 Doctors.
4. Dr. Diet: Governor of your nutrition and hydration choices.
These 4 doctors represent the potential of the wisdom contained in your:
– Body (instincts)
– Mind (intellect)
– Higher-Mind (Intuition), and
– Soul: The totality of, and Truth of your Self.
By sitting still with a pencil and paper, you can visit each of these categories and compare how well you create balance in your life.
Having your current dream for yourself and your life firmly in mind gives you a compass bearing. Where you are now in each category of the 4 Doctors gives you an indication as to how far off course you may be in each of the essential 4 Doctor categories of values and practices.
If you need help assessing yourself and making decisions about how to change, feel free to look into the resources I’ve sited above. They are designed to empower you with the basic tools for a happy, healthy and balanced life!
Love and chi,